How to spot a nerd: See if they’re wearing this, then take their lunch money
I think you meant, then see if they want to have an in-depth conversation about it. Because taking their lunch money makes you a bully.
And being a bully makes you an asshole.
the difference between boys and girls
- Boys: watch a show that is not meant for their gender/age bracket
- Boys: get catered to by the executives, get their own special nickname, get a documentary
- Girls: watch a show that is not meant for their gender/age bracket
- Girls: show gets cancelled because 'girls don't buy toys'
Q:I don't watch Tim and Eric so that clip left me a little lost, but I'm really intrigued by your comment about it. Can you expound yet further?
tim and eric sort of work in defamiliarization territory, their brand is presenting familiar shit in alienating and hostile and “wrong” ways, and a groove they’ve settled into for a while is presenting a grotesque and impossible mirror image of male heterosexuality. i mean going off of billion dollar movie alone:
- men obsessed with fatherhood, spontaneously singing about father-son relationships with boys strange to them, greeting men with children with competition and acquisitiveness
- a direct and deliberately uncomfortable sexualization of the idea of “love at first sight”: eric sees a strange woman on television and is so instantly taken with her he masturbates obsessively (which is depicted in a way that’s simultaneously supposed to be funny and disgusting) to her image, and loses sight of the wider “plot” while becoming obsessed with taking her as his own
- to foil this, tim gives eric an aphrodesiac, which yields not uncomfortable sexuality as we might expect but eric being literally drowned in children’s shit
- he exploits this opportunity to have sex with eric’s dream woman, which is envisioned strictly in terms of tim’s body being played with, penetrated, and sexually gratified outside of the context of hetero/masculine dignity. this is presented as normal.
- they do not really interact in any other capacity, and this ultimately reestablishes the generative and useful relationship between tim and eric which the love subplot threatened
- in tim and eric’s world, heterosexual men are looking to be fucked (not in the modern, metaphorical sense, literally penetrated to orgasm) at all times and the only competing drive is a series of strange, unintelligible, and self-destructive impulses towards ownership of people outside of masculinity (women, children) which only interfere with that goal
it’s an envisioning of hetero men as bizarrely empty and alone and i like it tbh
(Below is a bunch of tweets culled and edited from a twitter convo tonight, bundled together here for easier reading.)
I’ve been thinking about ‘offensive art’ and horror and how offensive (maybe another word for it, lowbrow?) art is almost its own genre. When coupled…
This is just sick. Just because someone finds a fandom annoying they decide they want to kill it? What if someone decided to kill all the things that the creator of this petition likes? I’m sure he wouldn’t like it in the least, so he better fuckin think twice before creating stupid shit like this.
sing there sign it
don’t sign this it’s petitioning for the deaths of possibly a good 3,000 people this is like a freaking transracial nazi genocide it could reach those numbers!
This is just heart breaking and sick. I just went on there and sure enough they only need 109 to go. What the fuck. If you killed an amount of people that love something that is genocide. Lets look back to world war 2 Germany. Hitler caused a genocide of where million of people died due to believing in something. If this actually happens history will repeat itself.
my favourite part of the day today - peter o’hanraha-hanrahan
"peter, you’re lying in a news grave. do you know what’s written on your head stone?"
"peter, thank you"